Does Franktown Fire allow you to have an open fire at your house? Yes, provided Douglas County does not have any burn restrictions in place, it is not trash, and small enough we will allow you to burn on you property. You pile needs to be 3 feet by 3 feet at the biggest. You can add to the pile as you burn. You will need a water source and to have a crew come and inspect your burn pile. Please keep your burn pile at least 100 feet away from the nearest building. If you are in need of getting a burn permit please contact the Lieutenant at station 181 by phone at 303-688-3811.

You can also download a copy of the requirements:
Link to PDF File 
IFC 2003 Open Burning Regulations.pdf 
If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, 
click here for a free download.